SCCOG reviews land-use referrals pursuant to Sections 8-3b, 8-23h(4), and 8-26b of the Connecticut General Statutes. Planning and/or Zoning commissions are required to notify Regional Councils of Governments when:
- Hearing a proposed amendment to the zoning regulations or zoning map that would affect land within 500 feet of an adjoining municipality (Sec. 8-3b).
- Hearing a proposed or amended Plan of Conservation and Development (Sec. 8-23h(4)).
- Hearing or reviewing a proposal for subdivision of land that includes land in more than one municipality or that borders another municipality (8-26b).
Staff reviews proposals and prepares responses, giving consideration to negative inter-municipal impacts and consistency with the Regional Plan of Conservation and Development, if applicable.
- Please submit statutory referrals via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Attach or include a link to the subject regulation or map amendment, subdivision proposal, or draft Plan of Conservation and Development.
- An automatic reply confirming receipt of the referral will be sent for your records.
- Use of Certified Mail is also allowed by Statute, but discouraged.