Five Southeastern Connecticut Municipalities Earn Community Connectivity Program Grants:
Colchester, Montville, New London, Norwich, and Sprague were awarded grants under the CT DOT Community Connectivity Program. Community Connectivity grants are used for capital projects that improve bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Colchester: Town Green Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Project, $397,030.00.
- Montville: Route 32/163 Intersection Improvement, $378,000.00.
- New London: Connectivity Improvements at Governor Winthrop Boulevard, Water Street, and Ferry Street (signals, sidewalks, crosswalks), $399,901.00.
- Norwich: Franklin Square Safety Improvements (roundabout), $400,000.00.
- Sprague: Shetucket River Nature Style Walkway, $400,000.00.